Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Holidays!!

Hello!! It's been a while...I just got home from Michigan yesterday. My parents and I went to visit for Thanksgiving. It was so great to spend quality time with family that I don't get to see very often. I wish we didn't live so far apart so we could see each other more often. (Although it is only one flight away!)

I am so excited about what this holiday season has in store!! As of right now, I have 3 days of classes and 2 days of finals left. As in...FOREVER! This is such an awesome feeling--although I know I will probably miss it after I start working full-time next year haha. I feel like I have been in the "transition period" between school and work for 3 years now. Starting my junior year of college I began to seriously think about the future--as far as careers go--until about a month ago, when I accepted my first full-time J.O.B!!! After finals, I'm headed to San Antonio to find a house and to somewhat settle in--which I am so very ready for. I can't wait to have some sense of a 'normal' life. No more having to think about the next step for a while...

I am also super excited because Brady and I will be so close to each other once I'm done with school. We have made it work with the distance, but I think that anyone can agree that it's not ideal. I'm so ready to be able to be with him without knowing that it will come to an end soon (as in either of us having to go back home).

Also, as far as the depression/anxiety goes...I'm happy to say that I rarely ever feel depressed anymore (almost never!! but I don't want to jinx myself here...) and I am able to control my anxious thoughts when they arise. With that being said, I have had literally no 'bad days' for the past 3-4 weeks. I use the words 'bad day' to describe my mental-emotional state..that's not to say that things don't go wrong here or there. I am just better equipped to handle to daily speed bumps.

Anyway, it's time for me to learn and study for my finals next week!! Take care and happy holidays!!

No comments:

Post a Comment