Sunday, September 25, 2011

Yoga Teacher Training Week 1: I Never Imagined...


...just how much yoga could change your life in such a short period of time!!! I don’t know where to begin. I knew yoga was awesome (hence the reason for leaving a job that I had worked so hard to get) but man, I already feel back to my old self. I felt back to normal just after 3 days. Yes, 3 days. I no longer feel depressed, anxious, angry, fearful, resentful, and any other negative feeling that I was experiencing. I am so ridiculously happy and I have so much energy. Yeah, I said I have more energy after doing 4 hours of asana a day. Asana is the postures, i.e. physical practice of yoga. It is only one of the eight limbs of yoga. Yoga isn’t just the physical practice, it is a way of life.
I have learned SO MUCH in just one week. I feel so much more confident in myself and my abilities--almost 100% better! I just knew I would be anxious about instructing the class through asanas from memory, but I actually find myself looking forward to it. AWESOME!! I’m loving it. Us beautiful human beings have this thing called the subtle body. It is our energy body and it is a major focus of yoga. I can’t wait to learn more about this. I’ll share more with you as I do. It’s super interesting and it really changes the way you see life--in a better way, of course!
There are 11 of us in teacher training and I must say that it is an awesome group of people. It is SO GREAT to be surrounded by like-minded people who I can relate to. Everyone is so positive and we all seem to have gone through a lot of the same things. I find myself laughing all the time...it’s such a great time. I'm already missing them and I still have 7 more weeks to go!
Each day feels like a week to me. We get so much done in one day it is insane. I honestly didn’t do as much in one week as we do in a day. We are going non-stop. This is my biggest challenge at the moment. I hardly have any time to myself. Our breaks are super short so we only have time to eat and go to the bathroom--which we have to do both a lot because we are constantly having to nourish and hydrate our bodies after such rigorous practice. It is a blessing in disguise however because it will force me to let go of all of the unnecessary things I do. It will help me to simplify my life.
Another issue I’m having is getting time to go the the chiropractor to get adjusted. I haven’t been adjusted in a week and a half and I usually get adjusted twice a week. So, needless-to-say, I’m dying. My back finally started to hurt today. Ahhhh it’s so frustrating. I will be able to get there. Eventually. I hope :)
I can't think of any more at the moment (I had so much else I wanted to write but I'm drawing a blank...I'll add them as they come back to me.) I hope you all are doing wonderful.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment