Thursday, February 17, 2011

I Can See the Light

We finally came to an agreement with the sellers of the house. It took a little longer than normal because they just had a baby yesterday. Yes. Yesterday. I think it's crazy that they are selling their house while welcoming an addition to the family. Anyway, if all goes as planned we will close on April 1st and actually get possession on the 4th. So I have just over 6 weeks until I have a home of my own. To share with Brady, of course. I am hoping that everything goes smoothly during the inspection period.

Now is when I can start looking at things I need to get for the house (washer/dryer, backyard furniture--both which I'm super jazzed about, paint for the *blue* nursery, etc) and at the little things we need to get done to it (new carpet in master, fix the front porch, etc). I am so excited about this part. I just hope I don't get too overwhelmed, because I KNOW I will be. Whenever I have so many options I tend to shut down. I suppose this will be a learning experience and a little character building as well. I'm going to have to learn to make decisions even when I don't have specific guidelines to go by.

Also, Mack got professionally groomed for the first time today. He is such a beautiful dog!! His hair is the softest I've ever felt. I don't know what they did to it but I need to find out. They said he was very well behaved and such a great dog. I already knew that though ;) I decided to sign him up for Intermediate training classes at PetSmart. The trainer said that he is ready for it so I'm just going to continue right along.

Today's Daily Word was a good one.
I See
It refers to seeing the hope and the good in the world through an eye of faith rather than looking at the world as suffering from injustice and frequently, in my opinion, from delusional and greedy leaders of all kinds. This is something I struggle with because for the past couple years I have become very cynical towards the government and people in general. I will say that since my spiritual journey has been renewed I am now able to appreciate people a lot more than I could in the past.

One last thing...I saw this today. San Angelo, TX (my hometown) was put on the America's Dozen Distinctive Destinations list by the National Trust for Historic Preservation.

Here is a picture for you:
Brady and I on the Riverwalk in San Antonio.

I hope this post finds you in a happy place in your life. Until next time, peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment