Thursday, February 24, 2011

So Much To Do...

You know how I get overwhelmed sometimes? Well, I'm overwhelmed and today I had a glimpse of one of my 'bad' days today. I didn't feel like doing anything and just wanted to sleep. I will not let this continue into tomorrow because I simply don't like feeling this way. I get overwhelmed when I start thinking about everything I'm going to do to the house. And when I'm going to study for the remainder of the CPA exam. And training Mack. And integrating the things I learn into my life. And the list goes on...

I have to step back and realign myself with the present moment. Quiet my mind and look to my inner peace. I have noticed that when I put this need (which, apparently, mine is larger than my peers) on the back burner I begin to get anxious, overwhelmed, and uneasy. I now know to use these signs as a reminder to focus on the big picture and be present. With the mind-chatter of the ego. Ahhhh....it feels so nice with silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment